Mike, in your script do you have a close file step that you are run and then are you using an open file step. In my experience I find that using a close window step (for the file you want to close) works better than a close file step. The close window step works all of the time but some times the close file step doesn't seem to work.
That's a good tip, but no. The error seems to be occurring (can't say for sure; no debugger) on a "Perform Script" step. That step is attempting to execute a script in an external file. The file in question is already open.
A bit more detail: The process looks something like this:
1) Initiate update from new version.
2) Deploy connector file using Export Field Contents and Get ( DocumentsPath ).
3) Connector file opens old file. (Doesn't need to open new file; it's already open.)
4) Connector file starts a loop over tables included in the update. With each iteration, it executes a script in the new file to delete all the data in that specific table. (This is where things go wonky.)
5) Connector file uses "processing in place" to move data from table occurrences in old file to matching TOs in new file.
6) Connector file closes old file. (It does this by executing a remote script in the old file. Like yourself, I found an explicit "Close File" script step unreliable.) Leaves new file & itself open for messaging / logging purposes.
What I don't get is why step 4 is blowing up, but only on my wife's iPod. Works fine on my iPad and on the desktop.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Mike, a while back I had a similar issue and I can't remember exactly what I did but I think it might have been something like this. Have the connector file close the new file with the close window step, then have the connector file reopen the new file in step 3. When calling external scripts FM GO seems to get a little lost sometimes with file management.
Okay, thanks. I'll give that a try.
Well, color my face red ...
My wife's iPod didn't have the latest version of FM Go. Upgrading solved the issue.
Does bring up an interesting note, though. Apparently, the issue with executing external scripts was a bug, corrected in the latest release. Just FYI.
Thanks for the help.