12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 1:44 AM by jesper.a.olsson

FMP11 and OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) aren't working together!

rrenfrow

I have a problem that I can't find discussed. Yesterday I updated my OS X from 10.6.8 to 10.8.5. Now when I open a FMP file with FMPA11 (v 11.0v4), none of the button work, can't edit or enter data, can't go into layout mode, can't use the status toolbar buttons. I can't even use the close and hide buttons.The scripts work if I go into Manage Scripts and run them, so it isn't the scripts. It is like the screens are "pictures" of the screens and are unusable other than viewing. The same is true when I open one of the starter solutions, so it isn't my files. Before updating the OS, I check the FM site for compatibility and the FM site SAYS that FMPA11 works with Mountain Lion.

What on earth happened? FMPA12 works OK as far as I can tell. At least the FMP tools and buttons work.

Java is the only thing I can think of that might keep the regular Filemaker tools from working. After installing Mountain Lion, I moved around to see what apps wouldn't work and one of the apps was Adobe Standard. I downloaded a trial version of the newest one and it required installing Java 6 (I think that was the version...could have been 7) and installed it automatically. What I can't remember is if I tried FMPA11 files before I downloaded the new Adobe Pro so I would know if it was Java.

Is Java causing this? On a Mac, how do you check the version of Java?

If Java is the cause, how do I install a different version and which version will work with FMPA11 and Mountain Lion 10.8.5? I don't want to go backward, but if I have to, can I go back to an earlier version of the Mac OS?

If not Java, then WHAT? I'm in a REAL BIG HOLE here. My clients are new to FMP 11 and won't be moving to 12 anytime soon. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Raylene