3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 1:39 PM by keywords

SubSummary Not Summing Correctly

kojmichael

Hello I have a very ODD Summary happening I would like your input on how to figure out

if I have done something incorrect.

I have 2 setup's I have tried with a SS of the settings and the results below:

Thank you for taking a look.

• 1. Re: SubSummary Not Summing Correctly
          PeterWindle

I would be thinking the following:

are you looking at a found set of records, or all records?

is the summary field in a sub summary part and are the records sorted by the "breaking" field?

• 2. Re: SubSummary Not Summing Correctly
            kojmichael

I have attached a SS of the Layout Form.  see OddSum5

Quoted: (are you looking at a found set of records, or all records?)  Yes, Selected by Date.

Quoted: (is the summary field in a sub summary part) Yes

Quoted: (and are the records sorted by the "breaking" field?) This I am unsure of as I have not told anything to break-on

that I know of.  Again I am still very new to FM.

Anyone have any idea why this isnt calulating correctly?

• 3. Re: SubSummary Not Summing Correctly
              keywords

Re the breaking field, you set this in the Part Definition dialog, when you create a sub summary part you are prompted to select a field on which the sub summary is sorted (see screenshot).

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 7.24.19 AM.png

I assume, however, that you have this set OK, because typically if a report is not sorted by the sub summary part, nothing on that part will show at all. You do, however, need to make sure that the total field settings match the part settings, ie. the right hand panel in your OddSum2 screenshot.

If I were you I'd be focussing on the field definition of SummGTcost, because you have some apparent mismatching there; OddSum and OddSum3 appear to be giving two different results with exactly the same data above—and neither result is a correct tally of the fields on display. Because this field is a total of another summary field (ItemTotalCostSum), you will probably have to change it to a calculation field using the GetSummary ( ) function.