2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 7:58 PM by BruceHerbach

FM Server 11 cascading disconnects

Linda@compu-books.com

My client is experiencing an issue running FM Server v11 on a Mac machine. We get users suddenly disconnected with Server Event Log showing "Not Responding" on all users. We can restart and get everyone on for a while, but every couple of hours for the last 3 days, they will get bumped off again. It seems that there is some network trigger that happens so that FM Server can no longer see any of the connected users and disconnects them. It's still up & running, and all the files are open, but no one can see them on the network. I've studied the logs for a pattern, and cant see that it's one user or after a backup, or any schedule. It seems random. One thing I do notice, is that all the local users have the same IP in the log when they connect. Does this mean they are connecting through a 'terminal' or something? I was expecting to see internal IP addresses. Can anyone shed some light or give me any suggestions on pinning down this problem? I've attached some screen shots of the log.

Best Regards -

Linda

-------

Linda Carter, Compu-books

602-687-9645

• 1. Re: FM Server 11 cascading disconnects
          PSI

Linda,

I had a problem like this a while back. FM Server pings the clients about every 90 seconds to make sure they are still connected.It turned out the Firewall/Router was interfering with that ping. I don't remember what function of the firewall effected it but i could check if you can't figure it out.

John

PSI

CCQ-FM

• 2. Re: FM Server 11 cascading disconnects
            BruceHerbach

Linda,

This could be some form of hardware issue on the network.  Things to check include the server's network card. Check the log for errors.  The switch the server is connected to and the router.  The issue is affecting all clients,  so it has to be an area that can affect all connected clients.  So it won't be the client computers.  It could also be the network cable going to the server. 

HTH