Troi Automatisering releases Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 for FileMaker Pro 12
New URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 adds support for web services that require OAuth authorization.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, October 16th, 2013--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages, including those that require OAuth authorization
- encode text into HTTP format
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 3.5?
Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 is a major upgrade which further improves compatibility with FileMaker Pro 12. It adds these new features:
- Improved the TURL_Get and the TURL_Post functions: they can now automatically detect UTF-8 encoded web pages if the result contains a meta charset tag or a XML encoding tag.
- Added two new switches to the TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions to override the automatic UTF-8 detection and either keep the native encoding (as in previous versions of the plug-in) or force the resulting page to be interpreted as UTF-8 (even if no UTF-8 tag is present).
- Added new function TURL_SetAuthCredentials to allow OAuth authentication. This makes it possible to work with web services that use OAuth 1.x. Also added a new example file to demonstrate this functionality.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem with the timestamps being generated for OAuth functions. They are now in UTC.
- Improved the example files GetPage and FillForm: they now detect spaces in the URL and can encode these with %20. Also improved error handling for malformed URLs starting with "http:/www" (instead of "http://www").
- Improved the Twitter example file and updated it to use the new Twitter REST API v1.1.
- Improved the "-DontAutoRedirect" switch for the TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions: the HTTP status codes in the 300-399 range (redirection range) now also generate an error code.
- Updated the User Guide.
This plug-in allows you to easily get data from web servers on the Internet or send information to them. We invite you to test drive the new plug-in and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 is available for downloading from Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html>.
Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition (SP 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 also works with FileMaker Server 10, 11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 349.
Troi URL Plug-in 3.5 requires a new registration string. Users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after April 1st, 2013 are entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed all eligible customers a new 3.5 registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before April 1st, 2013, are available from US$ 49 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: