3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 5:29 PM by bigtom

Filemaker Go App opening screen.

bigtom

When using the FMGo App Maker I am getting a message asking if I want to open the file in FMGo when the App is launched.

Is there a way to skip this screen?

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go App opening screen.
          jbante

The App Maker is supposed to run on your desktop; not on iOS. The App Maker creates a profile that you can then put on your iOS device to create a homescreen shortcut for accessing your database in FileMaker Go.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go App opening screen.
            bigtom

jbante wrote:

The App Maker is supposed to run on your desktop; not on iOS. The App Maker creates a profile that you can then put on your iOS device to create a homescreen shortcut for accessing your database in FileMaker Go.

Yes, that is all obvious. When the shortcut is used in iOS it runs through Safari, which I read cannot be avoided, but while in the Safari screen I am given a question about wanting to open the page with Filemaker Go. I can can choose to cancel or continue.

The odd thing is when I switch to a network that is not hosting the database and use the shortcut from the device it does not open Safari and goes directly to the FMGo file browse screen.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go App opening screen.
              bigtom

I only get this happening on the iphone and not the ipad. Odd.