9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2013 7:33 AM by RonSmithMD

FM12.5 under Maverick

frank.unger

Once I upgrated to Maverick, FM 12.5 does not support copy&paste for scripts.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Is there already a solution/work around?

Thanks for your help in advance

Frank Unger

• 1. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
          steveromig

Frank -

I am not able to reproduce this.  12.0v5 under Mavericks allows me to copy and paste scripts as I'd expect it to.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
            frank.unger

Steve, thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Here are a few screenshots that may help to understand my problem:

Once I mark any part of a script, the pulldown menu offers Copy (Kopieren).

I select this.

If I try to use any text editor or any other program (pages, word, notice, etc. I tried all) the menu does not enable the insert (Einsetzen).

The scriptname line still works, burt not the body.

Can you give me any advice?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Frank Unger

frank.unger@me.com

+49 (0)160 5354 662

Am 25.10.2013 um 17:27 schrieb steveromig <noreply@filemaker.com>:

erstellt von steveromig in General - vollen Thread anzeigen

Frank -

I am not able to reproduce this.  12.0v5 under Mavericks allows me to copy and paste scripts as I'd expect it to.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

Antworten Sie auf diese Nachricht, indem Sie auf diese E-Mail antworten -oder- gehen Sie zur Nachricht unter FileMaker Technical Network

Beginnen Sie einen neuen Thread in General perE-Mail oder unter FileMaker Technical Network

Bearbeiten Sie Ihre Emailvoreinstellungen.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2014 • San Antonio, Texas • July 28-31 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 3. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
              taylorsharpe

Copy and Paste is interacting with the clipboard at the OS level.  Are you able to cut and paste between other programs?  In other words, is this a FileMaker only problem? 

If it is a FIleMaker problem, the first thing I would do is reinstall it.  By the way, did you upgrade to FM 12v5 before or after installing Mavericks?

Apparently you are using the German version of FileMaker.  I would be interested if other people using the Germany language on FileMaker are having the same problem.  Can you duplicate this problem on another Mac?

PS:  One other things... it has been years since I used cut and paste.  The preferred method is to Set Fields or Variables instead of Copy/Paste.  I think this avoids an interaction with the OS and makes things work faster. 

• 4. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
                RonSmithMD

That has always been the case I believe, at least on the Mac.

Ron

Ron Smith, MD, 'The Pediatric Guide For Parents'

Want to know more about me and my family? Take a look at the free ebook about my daughter below.

Forever And A Day For Laura Michelle

• 5. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
                  intex

I can´t reproduce it either - FileMaker 12v5 Adv with Mavericks on a German language system - copying of scripts and part of scripts works. Also inserting in FileMaker.

but yes, you can´t insert the result for example in Textedit or Mail - never tried that before though. For what reason ?

• 6. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
                    wimdecorte

intex wrote:

but yes, you can´t insert the result for example in Textedit or Mail - never tried that before though. For what reason ?

The OS clipboard can contain multiple elements so it "wraps" each element in a certain type enclosure.  FM uses its own type and no other app is set up to handle that by default.  So it is not recognized as text or anything like that.

You can expect the clipboard and you'll see that what FM puts on the clipboard is quite similar to what would be in the XML DDR for the FM objects you have copied.

Tools like my FM Butler's Clip Manager "unwrap" what FM puts on the clipboard so you can store it / re-use it / modify it

• 7. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
                      taylorsharpe

Ahhhh, wimdecorte reminded me, I have FM Clip Manager and forget that those without it can't do certain cut and pastes with FileMaker.  I guess I get used to having certain tools and plugins on our FileMaker and incorrectly assume others have it on their computer too. 

By the way, Clip Manager is pretty slick like if you have to copy everything in a layout and go to a new layout based on the same table, but different table occurrence, you can find and replace the table occurrence name and then paste it and all is good.  It sure saves a bunch of time for certain things.

More info on Clip Manager at:  http://www.myfmbutler.com

• 8. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
                        LyndsayHowarth

which 'That', Ron?

I copy and paste just fine on a Mac (and in FM)  and have done since the beginning of time.

- Lyndsay

• 9. Re: FM12.5 under Maverick
                          RonSmithMD

Between FileMaker databases you can copy and past scripts, but without clipmanager I haven't been able to copy the script to another application. Note that I'm talking about script steps.

Ron

Ron Smith, MD, 'The Pediatric Guide For Parents'

Want to know more about me and my family? Take a look at the free ebook about my daughter below.

Forever And A Day For Laura Michelle