1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 5:27 PM by mikebeargie

SelectionLayout - Multiple portals and self-join.  Trouble setting up keyboard selection scripts for portals.

justtivi

One portal is a self-join table where I use a button setup on the portal row to Go to Related Record and navigate through the same layout selecting related records. I'm trying to get the same functionality using arrow keys.

- Played around with Code ( Get (TriggerKeyStroke)) and Get (TriggerKeyStroke) to Go to Portal Row and Go to Related Record From Self-Join table. Can't get any combination of the mentioned to work right. Either it ends up not working at all, or it continues to only select the first record, regardless of what highlighted row I begin from.

The second portal is child table where I use a button setup on the portal row to script a serial into a g_SelectedRecord field and display its specific related details on the same layout. I'm trying to get the same functionality using arrow keys.

- Played around with all of the combinations of the above.

Just to clarify, this is supposed to be only a selection layout, so none of the portal rows are supposed to have fields the user can edit.

Checked all around the forums without much luck.