PSI

Insert PDF Broken on windows 7?

Discussion created by PSI on Oct 27, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 by PSI

Windows 7 svc pk 1 64-bit • Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.5

When I Insert PDF [ Case ( Abs(Get ( SystemPlatform )) = 2; "imagewin:" ; "imagemac:" ) & Get ( TemporaryPath ) & GetAsText ( Clients_Documents|ClientID::zgTempContainer ) ]

The file isn't displayed in the container field. Acrobat opens the file to display it. When I close acrobat there is no icon in the container field. if i change records then go back to the original record the pdf is again opened in acrobat with out any prompting.

The container field is set to Interactive and it doen't matter if I have start playback checked or not. this is a clean layout no script triggers.

The script, see attached image, is very simple. I have the document stored in a non-interactive container field. it is exported out then imported using Insert PDF [] show above.

I am guessing this has something to do with the latest Java update which i did run. I reinstalled java 1.6.0_29 and uninstalled Java 7 update 45 but the problem still persists.

This runs correctly on a win 2008 server r2 standard 64-bit, with the pdf displaying interactivly in the container field. When I launch that system to my computer it does what i described above...

thanks in advance,

John Morina

PSI, Inc.

CCQ-FM, Inc,

Attachments

Outcomes