2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 5:35 PM by PSI

Insert PDF Broken on windows 7?

PSI

Windows 7 svc pk 1 64-bit • Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.5

When I Insert PDF [ Case ( Abs(Get ( SystemPlatform )) = 2; "imagewin:" ; "imagemac:" ) & Get ( TemporaryPath ) & GetAsText ( Clients_Documents|ClientID::zgTempContainer ) ]

The file isn't displayed in the container field. Acrobat opens the file to display it. When I close acrobat there is no icon in the container field. if i change records then go back to the original record the pdf is again opened in acrobat with out any prompting.

The container field is set to Interactive and it doen't matter if I have start playback checked or not. this is a clean layout no script triggers.

The script, see attached image, is very simple. I have the document stored in a non-interactive container field. it is exported out then imported using Insert PDF [] show above.

I am guessing this has something to do with the latest Java update which i did run. I reinstalled java 1.6.0_29 and uninstalled Java 7 update 45 but the problem still persists.

This runs correctly on a win 2008 server r2 standard 64-bit, with the pdf displaying interactivly in the container field. When I launch that system to my computer it does what i described above...

thanks in advance,

John Morina

PSI, Inc.

CCQ-FM, Inc,

• 1. Re: Insert PDF Broken on windows 7?
          mikebeargie

Does the script return an error code?

I'm curious as well, why imagemac:/imagewin: instead of filemac:/filewin: for a PDF file?

also, I'm wondering are the versions of adobe the same on each computer, and is it a 32 or 64 bit app on each?

• 2. Re: Insert PDF Broken on windows 7?
            PSI

No Error occurs in the script.

this is really weird...I just did another test. If i drag and drop the pdf into the container, no scripts, or if the pdf is already in the container field and i switch records or go from layout to browse the pdf opens in acrobat.

Regarding imagemac:/imagewin: VS filemac:/filewin: for a PDF file - its the only way i was able to get it to display the pdf in the container field.

Same adobe and 64 bit OS. The primary difference is Java..

john