2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 8:46 AM by remyperonne

Replacing an FLMP data source by an SQL ext source in a Table Occurrence

remyperonne

Hello,

I have a question for anyone who already integrated an SQL source in FLMP.

For further web deployement,

I would like to replace an FLMP data source by an SQL data source in a Table occurence called "Extraits" in my solution.

First

I have set up an SQL database on an SQL server that has the exact same fields as my FLMP Table. (same creation order, same names, same types ...)

Second

I have imported all my table datas into my SQL database.

Third

I have selected this SQL data base as a new FLMP external data source.

Fourth

I have gone to my FLMP TO's graphic editor and selected my "Extraits" table.

Then I have selected the external SQL data base as the data source.

My problem is that in my graphs & models, the fields don't match.

If any one knows about this I'd be very happy

Rémy

• 1. Re: Replacing an FLMP data source by an SQL ext source in a Table Occurrence
          LSNOVER

Remy:

Due to fields being deleted and added. etc. it's almost impossible to get the fields from a Filemaker DB to match exactly with a SQL database.  Most likely you will have to update all the connections, etc. by hand.

One thing that may help is to use a view in the SQL database to arrange the fields in the same order as the fields in the Filemaker database.

Regards,

Lee

• 2. Re: Replacing an FLMP data source by an SQL ext source in a Table Occurrence
            remyperonne

Hi Lee

Thanx for your answer.

Here are a bunch of things I tried before I posted :

I created the SQL table in the exact same order as my "Extrait" table.

I had no problem to import my FLMP datas into it, the fields matched perfectly.

But when I replaced the source in the graph TO it did not match.

So here is what I tried : 

I created a small SQL data base with 3 fields plus The same Table in Flmp with 3 fields.

I made a model in flmp with this TO source.

In the graph,

I tried to swap beetween the internal flmp data source & the SQL data source and ...

it matched perfectly !

I tried then to create another SQL table with inverting the creation order of the fields ... in flmp the order was inverted the same way...

BUT with my bigger SQL table (39 fields) that must replace my (old) internal flmp data source, it does not match !

PS : The field order in SQL wiew does not affect the shadow table order in FLMP. In the shadow table the order display is always by creation order.

Best regards

Rémy