It's probably totally unrelated but I got the same error number (10006 unidentified object) after updating FileMaker Pro Advanced to 12 v.05. I traced it down to a nested 'tell FMPA…end tell' in a native Applescript in an FMPA script. I rewrote the script to split out the nested part and removed the tell and end tell statements. That resolved the error.
There is no Apple script command in the server-side script I am trying to run, but there is too much coincidence here, updating FMP broke something in FMSscript engine.
How would you think they are related?
- is that FMP installed on the same machine as FMS?
- did you make changes to the scheduled script using the udpated FMP 12v5?
Yes, Wim, they are on the same machine but FMP is just for debugging purposes on that machine, rarely used.
And no, I did not make any changes in the scheduled scripts.
But going back in my mental log, I remember 2 peculiar things:
• it took forever to finish the final ca 5% of the update process but in the end I got the green sign,
• FMP12v0.5 just after updating and it wouldn't start, it got stuck while opening FMP, not even touched my files, even the dock becomae unresponsive.
This was a remote machine and eventually found a way to reboot via terminal commands and this morning I got an alert from the server fmse was down.
So it may have been an update that went sour. I will re-install on that machine this weekend.