4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 5:57 AM by psijmons

FMP12.0.5 update breaks FMS script engine?

psijmons

This might be a coincidence but after updating an FMP instance to 12 v.05 on OSX10.8.5 running FMServer 12.0.4.405 the FMS script engine stopped working, so I assume the two are linked

When trying to reset with "fmsadmin start fmse" I get error 10006

I know how to solve it (complete re-install FMS), but just wanted to record the issue.

• 1. Re: FMP12.0.5 update breaks FMS script engine?
          jml

It's probably totally unrelated but I got the same error number (10006 unidentified object) after updating FileMaker Pro Advanced to 12 v.05.  I traced it down to a nested 'tell FMPA…end tell' in a native Applescript in an FMPA script.  I rewrote the script to split out the nested part and removed the tell and end tell statements.  That resolved the error.

• 2. Re: FMP12.0.5 update breaks FMS script engine?
            psijmons

There is no Apple script command in the server-side script I am trying to run, but there is too much coincidence here, updating FMP broke something in FMSscript engine.

• 3. Re: FMP12.0.5 update breaks FMS script engine?
              wimdecorte

How would you think they are related?

- is that FMP installed on the same machine as FMS?

- did you make changes to the scheduled script using the udpated FMP 12v5?

• 4. Re: FMP12.0.5 update breaks FMS script engine?
                psijmons

Yes, Wim, they are on the same machine but FMP is just for debugging purposes on that machine, rarely used.

And no, I did not make any changes in the scheduled scripts.

But going back in my mental log,  I remember 2 peculiar things:

• it took forever to finish the final ca 5% of the update process but in the end I got the green sign,

• FMP12v0.5 just after updating and it wouldn't start, it got stuck while opening FMP, not even touched my files, even the dock becomae unresponsive.

This was a remote machine and eventually found a way to reboot via terminal commands and this morning I got an alert from the server fmse was down.

So it may have been an update that went sour. I will re-install on that machine this weekend.