3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2013 8:40 PM by BruceHerbach

need very large layout or side by side layout pages

mbmurphy2002

I am using filmmaker pro 10, How to make a layout wider 2 pages side by side or longer then 117 inches.

I need to lock data so that nobody except admin can go back to records and change data.I have done this but I have differnt layouts and when you change layouts it locks the data input so I need one very long layout to include every thing in one layout.

For background I am using filmmaker for batch records for pharmaceutical manufacturing and need to comply with FDA CFR 21 part 11 electronics records act.

mark Murphy

• 1. Re: need very large layout or side by side layout pages
          BruceHerbach

Mark,

You could put a tab object on the layout and split the fields up over 2 or more tabs.  The layout would have all of the fields and display one screen of them at a time.  User changes tabs to see the next batch of fields.  This would keep everything on one layout but make it manageable.

Bruce

• 2. Re: need very large layout or side by side layout pages
            mbmurphy2002

Hi Bruce:

thanks . I have that already, what in need is the fields that are to the right of the 8 1/2 page margin to be printable. A older version I used before allowed you to set layouts printing area and you could have pages side by side up to 4 pages and 10 pages down. version 10 only allows 10 pages down. no pages ( printing) to the right of the frist page.

Mark B Murphy

Senior technical manager

cyclotron engineer/radiochemist

dept of diagnostic radiology; HKU

mbmurphy@hku.hk<mailto:mbmurphy@hku.hk>

• 3. Re: need very large layout or side by side layout pages
              BruceHerbach

Mark,

I think I'm missing something here.  It sounds like you have two issues.  One where you need to lock a record with a lot of fields.  So that only an admin can access it.  This can be done using the buily in security.  Chack out Privledge sets.

The second is printing this record (or records?).  Which is longer then 10 pages..  Possibly you can break the fields up in to groups,  save the groups to a pdf and append each group/layout to the PDF.  When done have the system open the PDF and the user can print it.

Bruce