There are a few different ways to approach this. One way would be to use a self-joining relationship (joining the table to itself on the Relationships Graph) based on Date. You would sort the relationship in the order you wanted the notes to appear (is there a Create Timestamp? Or maybe an entry time?) Next, use the List function to assemble all the Notes contents into a return delimited list in a calculation field, like this:
List ( EventSelf::Notes )
You might want to parse out the return characters with the Substitute function, but that would be dependent on the final result.
At this point, you can place the calculation field inside your subsummary part. Yes, you would use sliding to allow it to collapse (not expand) to fit. Just make it big enough to accommodate the size you need.
Makes sense Mike. Thanks as always.
I've done the relationship and created the calc field and placed in the sub summary part. Data being shown is correct.
However the part is not resizing. The rest of the fields in the part are just one text line high. I've made the notes calc field a few lines high (having to increase the height of the part to do so of course). I've selected the notes calc field and in the inspector checked off 'sliding up based on all objects above' and 'also resize enclosing part'. But the field and the part remain the full height that I set in the edit layout mode. I feel as though I've come across this before but don't remember what the fix was or if there is one.
Ignore this. It's fine when report is exported to PDF. Be nice if the same thing happened when the report is generated on screen though. Thanks again Mike.
Sliding doesn't work in Browse mode. As you've discovered.
Glad it's working.