2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 1:11 PM by jeffbriggs

FMPA product registration screen is broken for windows installation.

jeffbriggs

Has anyone else noticed that the product registration window that appears directly upon completion of FMPA is not rendering correctly, to the point where it isn't even functional?

FileMaker_Reg_screen_problem.jpg

I have a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.  After FMPA installation is finished, a "FileMaker Product Registration" window appears.  However, the text within this window runs over and beyond the right side of the window frame, so half of the text AND the "Register Now" button that it refers to ARE NOT VISIBLE, and thus not clickable/useable.

If the FM dev team ever wondered why few people bother to register your product.  This is likely a major contributor to that situation.  It also makes the FMPA product look very half baked.

//

• 1. Re: FMPA product registration screen is broken for windows installation.
          mikebeargie

I've been installing filemaker for over 6 years on windows and have never seen that behavior.

Before insinuating it's filemaker's fault, why don't you try and be productive and troubleshoot what on YOUR system could be causing this. There are theoretically millions of possible OS/Software/Hardware combinations in a "Windows 7 64 bit laptop", and it would be insane to think that any program, let alone Filemaker (which is an apple subsidiary), can gracefully support every combination of video driver and screen size as well.

I've never seen the FM developers ever state that there's trouble with a low number of registrations it receives. To hear you say that seems kind of insulting.

• 2. Re: FMPA product registration screen is broken for windows installation.
            jeffbriggs

Whoa there Mike.  My only intent of posting this issue was to help the FM dev team improve the product.  Period.  I love FileMaker Pro, having built my first DB solution on it in 1992 - (yes, 20 years ago).  I've been completely out of the FM/DB field since 1999, but now find myself as lead tech for a small-but-growing firm in need of a DB solution -- and I am VERY happy to find that FM is still alive (and hopefully well).  You are likely correct that this is an isolated occurrence, but I've never met a developer who did not want to fix a bug, however small.  That said, I apologize if the way my post came off was insulting.  I only want the best for the product.  Believe me.