2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 6:30 AM by LyndsayHowarth

Convert File Script Step

ronhoagland

Hello All,

I have put together a FMP12 file that bulk converts fp7 files to fp12. All you do is point to the folder that has all the files in it and it converts them to fp12 and moves the fp7 files to a "Old-Files" folder. I have used this several time and this works great in windows no issues at all. I rewrote it to work on Mac and I am now having issues with the Convert File script step. It wont take the file path that I send it in the Mac format. It will only bring up the dialog box to select a file. I've even tried to give it the file path directly to the file and it won't take it, it just consistantly bring up the file picker even with the "No Dialog" check box marked. The next issue is that if I do pick a file, it converts it then opens the newly converted file. This causes the script to break because of the window change and if there is an opener script on the converted file then it becomes a huge mess. Is there any way to get the Convert File Script Step to take a file path and run with out the dialogs and opening the converted file on the Mac? They are checked to run without dialogs but it seems the mac ignores this. Any Ideas?

This is the conversion part of the main script which just loops through a list of file names, passing them to this script.

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 6.22.04 PM.png

As I said earlier it works perfect on Windows with no dialog or errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ron H.