2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2013 8:14 AM by jerrytuker

FMpro 11 - How do I find a record that matches a reference table and delete it from my original table?

jerrytuker

Using FmPro 11, I Have a database of 30,000+ accounts that is updated and created daily by various jurisdictions (Govt Agencies). The different jurisdictions drop a CSV lists into our dropbox each morning, then we import ithem into FM and create our "daily list" to work from. Unfortunately, these agencies will leave some accounts on their csv lists for up to two years after they are known to be deactivated. This lag in purging has created major ineffeciencies.

I would like to have our agents start tracking all the "bad or inactive" accounts we discover on a seperate and permanant table, called the "inactive list." Then, each morning, when I create my new "daily list", I can run it against my growing "inactive list" and deleted the records that match. Obviously, I only want to delete the records in my daily list. I will need to keep the "inactive list' permanant and growing.

So, how do I do this? How do I get my current table to reference a new table, find any matches (using acct numbers) and delete them from just the current table?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jerry