6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 4:15 PM by beverly

Checkbox logic system

mcrostie

Hi all

I am designing a order system (for the web) which I require the checking of boxes in (sometimes) multi records. ie line item 1 requires A, line item 2 requires B and line item 3 requires B as well.

From this, I want to design logic system with multi options ie "if 2 lines select B place a check in Box C" and many others.

Any thoughts of ways to implement? or links to other information?

Regards

Michael

• 1. Re: Checkbox logic system
          beverly

JavaScript & CSS. Learn how to use these.  This is similar to a web solution I created. You can make blocks visible and invisible with these two great tools. If it's client-side JavaScript, the results are instantaneous. Otherwise a PHP (or other web app) requires a submit-browser refresh.

-- sent from my iPhone4 --

Beverly Voth

--

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Checkbox logic system
            mcrostie

Thanks Beverly

Now you have said that, I have looked at lynda.com to find some sort of training/information about javascript.

Wow, where do I start and does it still involve FMP?

Sorry for the naive question

Regards

Michael

• 3. Re: Checkbox logic system
              beverly

You asked a WEB question. This works within static (or dynamically created static-like pages). Unless FMP is the database, and or web viewer is some how involved, you need to ask more specific questions. Yes I have created FMP calculations to export to TEXT as JavaScript includes for websites. Yes I have as used JavaScript inside web viewer. But these are more involved.

How are you using FMP and web?

-- sent from my iPhone4 --

Beverly Voth

--

• 4. Re: Checkbox logic system
                LyndsayHowarth

Beverly is hinting at but not saying that you have a bit of a learning curve ahead if you don't know PHP and a bit of javascript and CSS. Good luck with that...

The most significant javascript library which you would find really helpful for the kind of thing you are wanting to do is jquery.

- Lyndsay

• 5. Re: Checkbox logic system
                  beverly

You cannot do this with FileMaker Instant Web Publishing if that is your question. Only custom web publishing (if using FileMaker).

HTH,

Beverly

• 6. Re: Checkbox logic system
                    beverly

Hinting? Who's hinting?

Beverly