1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 7:01 PM by sfmoore

Erratic audio playback from container field

sfmoore

I am using FM Go 12 with FMPro Advanced 12. I have a container field into which I record an audio note on my iPhone (in Go). Some of the time the audio plays back but most of the time it doesn't -- it just shows me a screen with the title of the file, a line indicating "Apple MPEG-4 audio" and then another line with "28 bytes". I am using the Filemaker Network with my FMPro Advanced. I can't figure out yet under what circumstances the recording/playback sequence works and when it doesn't. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, I am using Mac OS X Mavericks, if that should be important.

(edit)

I can get the recording to work if I restart my iPhone (5s), but then it only works once. After that it apparently stores the following data in the file: ftypM4A M4A mp42isom and there is no subsequent audio data.

(edit)

A test database with only a single container field displays the same behavior. Also, this behavior occurs whether I am hosting on FM Server or Peer network with FMPro Advanced.

Thanks for any hints...

-- Steve.