3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2013 1:10 AM by Paul Jansen

Pro 11 and Terminal Services 2008 and 2012

Paul Jansen

Does anyoine have experience of running FileMaker Pro 11 on either

Windows Server 2012 Terminal Services

or

Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Services

I have a client looking to upgrade from TS 2003 to preferable TS2012 and from FM 11 to FM 12

Thanks

Paul Jansen

• 1. Re: Pro 11 and Terminal Services 2008 and 2012
          sicosys

Hello Paul!!

Long time ago I used FMP6 with TS2003 and it worked good, the only condition I found was that you must have the number of licenses for the same number of concurrent users.

The FMP6 software was installed with a volume license key which allowed 10 users working in the same network so i could use a new instance of the program using TS up to 10 times.

Felipe Sierra

• 2. Re: Pro 11 and Terminal Services 2008 and 2012
            CICT

Hi Paul

We run FMP 11 on a 32bit W2k8 server as one of our cloud servers and it runs fine. We only run v12 on our 64bit W2k8 R2 servers, but do have a customer running v11 on a local 64bit server with TS and again it runs fine.

We have limited experience with 2012 TS as yet, although we are currently carrying out tests on a VM instance and so far so good, albeit in a restricted test environment.

As with all installs on a TS server, you must use the 'change user /install' command before installing the FMP software.

All the best

Andy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Pro 11 and Terminal Services 2008 and 2012
              Paul Jansen

Thanks for the information.

I would be very interested in hearing how your 2012 TS testing goes.