AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange error deletes field data

Question asked by WayneMuelver on Nov 25, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 by WayneMuelver

I have a script for a FileMaker Go solution that is designed to re-assign a user to a particular record and then notify both the new user and the previous user of the change by email. This is accomplished by allowing the user to choose a staff member's name from a drop down as their selection for who it is to be re-assigned to. Then an on modify script trigger fires the script. First the user is asked to confim their intention, and if they do it sets variables about the current record, then changes layouts in order to enter the staff table. then it searches the staff table for the newly assigned staff member and the staff member who modified the record. More variables are set for each. Then a calculation evaluates these variables to see if they match. if they do not, two emails are sent to notify each user of the change, and the previously set variables are used to populate those emails. then it returns to a layout showing a list of records still assigned.

That is where we run into trouble. Every time I run this script under my user account it works perfectly. Until, one particular user tries it. it works fine for them once, then the second time it freezes before switching layouts the final time. This middle layout was not intended to be seen by the user in this process and is actually intended for a different process. anyway, there is no navigation away from that layout so the user has to quit and start over. when they do, one particular field for every record that would have been in the active found set for that users's assigned records is now blank.

I don't get it. I have recovered from the backup once already and it did it again less than an hour later. The field being erased is not even mentioned in the script that is being run when the issue occures. The user tells me that they did not leave the app in the middle of the process untill they got stuck and that they did not have any other event on their phone such as a text or call durring the process either time. Also, once the error occures for that user, it then occures under my user.

Any ideas?

Outcomes