1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 9:29 PM by taylorsharpe

Installation of FM Server 12 on IIS Uninstalls ASP and ASP.NET

sechrisman

This summer I installed a trial version of FM Server 12. After installation my classic asp pages and asp.net pages stopped working. After a bit of poking around I noticed asp and asp.net were uninstalled. Weird, but easy enough to fix. So I added those roles back into IIS7.5. We are not going to use FM Server for a while, so today I uninstalled FM Server 12. After that and a reboot, the same thing happened when I installed it: ASP and ASP.NET components in IIS were removed. Thought I would ask if anyone else had this issue? I'm running windows server 2008 R2, 64 bit OS. Seems a bit extreme that this would happen. Is this a bug or some "feature" of FM Server?

http://www.stevechrisman.com/fmserver.JPG

• 1. Re: Installation of FM Server 12 on IIS Uninstalls ASP and ASP.NET
          taylorsharpe

The FileMaker Server install uses IIS and sets up PHP (or uses an already installed version).  But it does not specifically do something about ASP.  The only thing I could think of is when in IIS it is setting up the directory for fmi/iwp that it overwrote something also used by ASP.  But there is nothing on this in the FileMaker knowledge base.  So I am sort of not believing this is FileMaker's issue, but eagerly listening to see if anyone else has observed this phenomena.  If even one more person sees this problem, I will believe there is a problem with the FileMaker installer.  Lets see if anyone else can confirm this behavior. 

Also... are you implementing new services using ASP?  I thought it was a dying technology just being bandaided for old web sites made in it for the IE6 days.  Then again, I'm not a web develoer and may not have any idea what I am really talking about.