AnsweredAssumed Answered

Popup checkbox selection window in Find mode

Question asked by weldon on Dec 2, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 by weldon

We have a "project" record with multiple selections for a few fields like technologies, industries, solution types, etc. It is possible to make multiple selections from a value list of technologies, for example.

To make it a little easier, these fields are edit boxes on the detail view. However, when you click on them to edit, a script opens a pop-up window with a different layout that shows that field as checkboxes. This makes it easy to read the list of selected entries for each field, without cluttering the main window with all the possible choices. When you want to edit, you get a nice pop-up window with all the checkboxes to choose from. As you check boxes, the edit field on the main window updates. It works great in Browse mode.

When I move into Find mode, the button still creates the window with the checkboxes, but making changes here doesn't save the changes back to the main window in find mode. What I'd like to do is click the field, create a new window with the checkboxes for that field, make some selections and then close the window with those selections represented in the find criteria in the main window. I don't want it to perform the search until I am finished making all my selections.

Here is the script that runs when I click on the edit field in browse mode…

Freeze Window
Commit Records/Requests

[ No dialog ]
Set Variable [ $win_name; Value:"Choose Technologies" ]
Set Variable [ $win_left; Value:Get ( WindowLeft ) ]
Set Variable [ $win_height; Value:Get ( WindowHeight ) ]
If [ PatternCount ( WindowNames ( Get (FileName )); $win_name ) ]

Select Window [ Name: $win_name; Current file ] Else

New Window [ Name: $win_name; Height: 211; Width: 175; Left: $win_left; Style: Document; Close: “Yes”; Minimize: “Yes”; Maximize: “Yes”; Zoom Control Area: “Yes”; Resize: “Yes” ]

Go to Layout [ “Asset Technologies” (assets) ] End If

Show/Hide Toolbars

[ Hide ]

Adjust Window

[ Resize to Fit ]

Outcomes