6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 7:34 AM by rgordon

fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?

martinc

Any issues with 13 connecting to a 12 server? Since the file is ".fm12" I assume it's okay. I'll be holding off on upgrading our server and fmp apps until the dust settles.

• 1. Re: fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?
          steveromig

martinc wrote:

Any issues with 13 connecting to a 12 server?  Since the file is ".fm12"  I assume it's okay.  I'll be holding off on upgrading our server and fmp apps until the dust settles.

No issues.  It works. 

Only major downside is that you would not be able to use any v13 features with a file hosted with FileMaker Server 12.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?
            HarryCatharell

I wonder whether the context of the original message does not convey the question hinted at in the title

I think that the question is:

'Will FM Go 13 connect to an existing FMS 12 install without concurrent licenses in place ?'

As the App Store does not have FM Go 12 available to download now, we only have the option to download Go 13 and this would be prohibitive to clients who were still running FMS 12 if the new Go 13 app would not connect because of license limitations

We have tested it here and the licenses are controlled by FMS 13 and so the new Go 13 seems to connect to FMS 12 without question :-)

Cheers

Harry

• 3. Re: fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?
              steveromig

harryc wrote:

I wonder whether the context of the original message does not convey the question hinted at in the title

I think that the question is:

'Will FM Go 13 connect to an existing FMS 12 install without concurrent licenses in place ?'

As the App Store does not have FM Go 12 available to download now, we only have the option to download Go 13 and this would be prohibitive to clients who were still running FMS 12 if the new Go 13 app would not connect because of license limitations

We have tested it here and the licenses are controlled by FMS 13 and so the new Go 13 seems to connect to FMS 12 without question :-)

Cheers

Harry

Correct.

You can connect to FileMaker Server 12 using FileMaker Go 13 without any concern for concurrent connections. 

Concurrent connections only apply when using FileMaker Go 13 or FileMaker WebDirect when connecting to FileMaker Server 13.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?
                schiang

I've moved to Filemaker Go V13, and connecting Filemaker Server V12 without any issue.

the only thing is, when you use URL ie FMP::/..../ filename.fmp12, it will call up Filemaker Go 12 first, untill you remove Go V12 away.

Then Go V13 working good as V12.

by the way, screen rendering much faster.

Steven

• 5. Re: fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?
                  Nico_Kobes

A question for Steve Romig, in you're post you mentioned: Only major downside is that you would not be able to use any v13 features with a file hosted with FileMaker Server 12.

When I insert a Slide Control or a Popover button in a fmp12 file on a Filemaker server 12 there is no problem with it when I connect form a Filemaker Go 13 to it.

What do you mean about this?

Thanks

• 6. Re: fmGo 12 is gone.  Can we use fmGo 13 and fms12?
                    rgordon

Steve,

Can you clarify this?  I just opened the FM 13 assets file with FM 12.  Then I used FM Go 13 to connect to the file opened on FM 12.  Pop overs worked fine.  My experience from the past has been that most features were controlled by the client and not the server.