4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 8:15 AM by robby@brays.net

Pics in Container

robby@brays.net

Hey Everyone,

Is it possible to put multiple pics in a single container? Like a slide show of 2-4 pics, instead of having to create a container field for each picture.

Thanks for all the help the last week !

Robby

• 1. Re: Pics in Container
          erolst

Define your container as a repeating field (OK for e.g. UI graphics), or better, use a related table (for actual data), where each picture has its own record.

• 2. Re: Pics in Container
            robby@brays.net

Thanks Erolst,

Could you help me out a little more and define what a repeating field is.  Not sure how to define the container as that.

Also, the pics I am uploading are not saved images, but actual "Proof" of load tickets before the order ships.  So it is not possible to store the pics on a table for future reference.  As a matter of fact, I will most likely be dumping the images after 6-10 months as they would no longer be needed as proof of shipment.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Pics in Container
              erolst

robby@brays.net wrote:

Could you help me out a little more and define what a repeating field is.  Not sure how to define the container as that.

You can define any field as a repeating field; back in the Stone Age – before FileMaker was a true relational database – this was the modus operandi if you wanted to have multiples values of someField. Nowadays this method is shunned since related records are indefinetely more versatile than a bunch of repeating fields. Anyway …

Go to Manage Database -> Options, Storage tab, and set the number of repetitions. On the layout, you need to specify the number of repetition you want to display in the Inspector, Data tab. Note that you can set an offset and/or only show a single repetition other than 1, w.g. Show 4 to 4 from 6 (similar to page range options in a Print dialog), and that you can have the same field on one layout with different range options.

• 4. Re: Pics in Container
                robby@brays.net

Got It !  That worked.  Thanks again for the help and quick response.