worldcloud

Free FileMaker 13 Server access (for December 2013)

Discussion created by worldcloud on Dec 4, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 by jrenfrew

We at Worldcloud are excited with the release of FileMaker Server 13; however, WebDirect is a 'new beast' which we have very little experaince in trying to gauge how much hardware we really need and a host of other questions. We are also using this server to test some new management software which should be released by the end of the year.

The reaility is that we have had a FileMaker 13 Server running (quietly) in one of our datacenters, but now it's time to strech her legs. In an effort to 'mimic' real-world users loads we are giving away 'free' FileMaker Server 13 accounts for the rest of December. This server should be considered a 'sandbox' server and we do not suggest placing 'production' databases on this server. The point of this server is to find the 'breaking points' before we start doing wide scale shared FIleMaker Server 13 servers with WebDirect.

Anyone who wants to test their solution and partisipate in the conversation, please let me know...

Technically, we can dedicate up to 48 Xeon E5 processors and up to 256GBs of RAM to this single machine; and then repeat the config as we test a two machine confiuration; but based with our results with FileMaker 12 we are not expecting to see FileMaker effecently utilize the 'crazy' configs. One reason I mention this, as that in order to change RAM and processor settings, this server will undergo several restarts (some during business hours) as we attempt to locate the 'sweet spot' between value and performance. We are also going to compare all SSD configs, SSD for FM and 15K SaaS for Exteranl Container Data, and SATA confurations. FileMaker Server 13 gives us more options than in previous versions, so we want to test and make the best FileMaker service available...

Come and help us 'kick the tires'...

Email me for info...

joe@worldcloud.com

Outcomes