2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 10:23 AM by luistavera

admin console does not see database server

luistavera

Hello,

When I run the admin console it reports that "The database server is not available" but the db server is running fine. I can access the databases and interact with the server through fmsadmin. Any clue of what may be happening? The only recent change in my server setup was an upgrade from one CPU to two CPUs, but it seems unlikely that this has anything to do with the problem (although before the upgrade the admin console was working fine).

Thanks for any guidance that may help solve this issue.

luis

• 1. Re: admin console does not see database server
          luistavera

After setting up a brand new server machine to try to get rid of this problem, I realized that it is when I upload to the server a .fp7 file that has an ODBC connection to a MS SQL Server that this issue arises. In my original installation I upraded to 2 cpus to have more power to handle the new solution with the ODBC data sources but didn't think about that until my second server stopped working just after I uploaded the same solution to it.

• 2. Re: admin console does not see database server
            luistavera

Just in case anybody runs into this issue. If your are running openvpn and filemaker server on the same machine, start filemaker first, and then start openvpn (on Windows, configure the openvpn service startup type as "delayed start").