6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 6:31 PM by mclasen@mclasen.com

IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong

mclasen@mclasen.com

Im have installed FMS13 on my Windows machine in an intranet with n192.168.0.X, the machine is 192.168.0.101.

In Admin the IP given is 10.80.238.95 which should be 192.168.0.101

Windows 7 Business

Where do I go about to change this to an address viewable on my internal Intranet.

Thanks

• 1. Re: IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong
          user28097

Is this machine connected to more than one network? WiFi, Wired, VPN? Use ipconfig to see the network adapters that are currently active. Pretty sure that address is coming from one of them.

• 2. Re: IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong
            yang94595

I am running Two Machine deployment. When I pointed the Worker machine to a LAN ip 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. It worked very well. But I changed to the public ip for Worker machine during deployment, Web Direct stoped working. Web Direct doesn't show any database. When I pointed to the specific database, it says "Database not available".

I suspect it's related to the IP on the FM Server setting (which means the Master machine). I noticed the IP on the server Master machine is wrong. Any idea?

======================

Update : problem resolved

Very interesting server deployment behavior. I have two ethernet ports.

Ethernet1: internal IP

Ethernet2: public IP

What happened when I deployed the two machine model (I guess same as the one machine model) was that the Server 13 would catch Ethernet1 internal IP. It doesn't give you a choice.

Then, I turn off the Ehternet1 (editted, there was a typo when I posted last time)

Then, deploy the server again.

Now, it catches the Ethernet2 public IP correctly.

WebDirect works again.

• 3. Re: IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong
              wimdecorte

Cheng Yang wrote:

I am running Two Machine deployment. When I pointed the Worker machine to a LAN ip 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. It worked very well. But I changed to the public ip for Worker machine during deployment, Web Direct stoped working.

Not sure about the underlying problem, but why would you use the public IP for the setup?  The internal communication between the worker and the master should be on the local LAN...

• 4. Re: IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong
                yang94595

I have only two ports on each machine. I need to have two public IP associated with two different domain names each machine for different purposes. That's why I need to use public IP to route the two servers.

But I am not sure whether there is any complication in terms of performance. But I am assuming there is no negative effect since nowadays the switch is smart enough to know the best route. Just a guess, not so sure.

• 5. Re: IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong
                  tpolland

I didn't see an answer to this question. I have a single server deployment with an internal private IP and external public IP address. FM Server 13 has pulled in the private IP address.

How do you change the IP address from the private IP address to the public IP address?

Travis

• 6. Re: IP address with Filemaker 13 server wrong
                    mclasen@mclasen.com

I went into manage IIS setup and made the adjustment there