4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 9:46 AM by vidkid98

can't seem to update license key

vidkid98

I have attempted to update the license key in FMS 13, no luck. I've copied and pasted it but continue to get "You have entered an invalid license key." error. I am not sure what to enter into the Name and Organization fields. I did not encounter this problem with the pre-release version. I am attempting to update the license key in the pre-release to the just released version. Is this where I am failing? Do I need to un-install the pre-release version and then download and install the released version?

I've tried removing the dashes between the key characters, same result. I've enter my name and company name as the Name and Organization (just as these are listed in my profile) without success. Any ideas on how I should proceed?

Bruce

• 1. Re: can't seem to update license key
          steve.winter

Hi Bruce

I have had exactly the same issue - sent an email to FM but heard nothing back - as the preview license on my dev server expires today, looks like I'm going to have to do an uninstall/reinstall

Sorry to be of no help, but thought it useful to know you're not alone in this...

Cheers

Steve

created by vidkid98 in Server and Server Advanced - View the full discussion

I have attempted to update the license key in FMS 13, no luck.  I've copied and pasted it but continue to get "You have entered an invalid license key." error.  I am not sure what to enter into the Name and Organization fields.  I did not encounter this problem with the pre-release version.  I am attempting to update the license key in the pre-release to the just released version.  Is this where I am failing?  Do I need to un-install the pre-release version and then download and install the released version?

I've tried removing the dashes between the key characters, same result.  I've enter my name and company name as the Name and Organization (just as these are listed in my profile) without success.  Any ideas on how I should proceed?

Bruce

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in Server and Server Advanced by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2014 • San Antonio, Texas • July 28-31 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 2. Re: can't seem to update license key
            vidkid98

Thanks Steve.  I'm downloading the FMS13 released version now.  Will update this post with the results when I'm finished to see if that resolves the issue about updating the license key.  I appreciate knowing I'm not alone in trying to noodle this out.

Bruce

• 3. Re: can't seem to update license key
              thebridge

Hi Guys

The pre-release and the new version of server 13 have NOTHING to do with each other.

Make sure you properly UNINSTALL the prelease version and restart the computer before attempting to install the new version

Robert

• 4. Re: can't seem to update license key
                vidkid98

As Robert aptly pointed out, to go from pre-release FMS13 to released FMS13 requires:

1) Uninstall pre-release--you have to launch the pre-release installer, enter the license info and then can select uninstall

2) Download released version and install and configure--when done this way, the license key under your profile does work just fine.

Thanks Robert, for your timely advice.

Bruce