1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 3:02 AM by NickLightbody

Deployment issue

merlinfm

Hi, trying to deploy FMS 13 with deployment assistant, always show the follow message and can't go next. What's wrong?

I have install the last java

Run on mavericks

and the localhost shows the T logo of filemaker server website, but I can't administrate the server

Thanks in advanced for any light!

com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager$RpcInvocationException: Unable to invoke method click in com.vaadin.shared.ui.button.ButtonServerRpc at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:170) at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:118) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1680) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1566) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:582) at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:315) at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:201) at org.vaadin.artur.icepush.ICEPushServlet.service(ICEPushServlet.java:72) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:108) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171) at com.filemaker.tomcat.FMErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:168) ... 26 more Caused by: com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod$MethodException: Invocation of method buttonClick in org.vaadin.teemu.wizards.Wizard$1 failed. at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(ListenerMethod.java:528) at com.vaadin.event.EventRouter.fireEvent(EventRouter.java:167) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractClientConnector.fireEvent(AbstractClientConnector.java:984) at com.vaadin.ui.Button.fireClick(Button.java:367) at com.vaadin.ui.Button$1.click(Button.java:56) ... 31 more Caused by: com.vaadin.data.Validator$EmptyValueException: Server Name requires a value. at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractField.validate(AbstractField.java:898) at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractField.commit(AbstractField.java:264) at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractField.setBuffered(AbstractField.java:359) at com.vaadin.ui.Form.setBuffered(Form.java:432) at com.filemaker.admin.ui.UIFactory.createForm(Unknown Source) at com.filemaker.admin.ui.views.deployment.NameFMServerStep.createContent(Unknown Source) at com.filemaker.admin.ui.WizardDialog$Step.getContent(Unknown Source) at org.vaadin.teemu.wizards.Wizard.activateStep(Wizard.java:456) at org.vaadin.teemu.wizards.Wizard.next(Wizard.java:557) at org.vaadin.teemu.wizards.Wizard$1.buttonClick(Wizard.java:192) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(ListenerMethod.java:508) ... 35 more

• 1. Re: Deployment issue
          NickLightbody

Hi

Given your schnauzer icon I couldn't not respond.

I think I had a similar issue on Mavericks which went away - so here are some observations:

* the refs to Vaadin are to the web app framework FMI are using to develop FM Web Direct

* so your messages suggest a confict between the Vaadin stuff and something else on your machine

* suggest you use FMS12 installer to remove all FMS12 stuff

* suggest you run the FMS13 installer to remove all of FMS13 first - then restart

* then try again.

If that doesn't work consider what else is running on the server that you can close down until you id the conflict.

As I said I did have a similar issue but after removing everything for FMS12 and FMS13 - restarting and reinstalling - the issue disappeared - my impression is that the new FMS13 installer is pretty good.

Cheers Nick