I may have found an issue with perform script on server and I was hoping someone could confirm it. The error is related to accessing different other hosted files from a script performed on the server.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create two databases, A and B, and host them on FM Server 13
- Create a password on the Admin account of each File. Make the passwords identical
- In database A add database B as an external data source
- In database A create a layout, X, that is based on a table in database B
- Create a script, S, in database A that creates a record in layout X
- Run script S and confirm record is created in layout X
- Create a script, T, in database A that has a step which performs script S on the server
- Run script T, the script fails with Error 100: File is missing
- This issue only ocurs when there is a password on the Admin account. With no password on database A or B, script T runs as expected.
- I would have thought that FileMaker Server would attempt to open database B with the credentials used in the currently open database A, but it looks like this doesn't happen.
- The FileMaker help topic for Perform Script On Server says that the script behaves like a FileMaker Server scheduled script, but script T runs correctly if run on the server.
- Our FM13 licenses haven't come through yet so I'm testing this on the pre-release version of FM13 pro advanced but the final release of FM13 Server.
Any thoughts / similar experiences? To me it seems like Perform Script On Server is pretty useless in systems that use the separation model if this is intended behaviour.