Which version of FM? Are there any calculations on the specific layout? Any graphic elements?
Too many questions open in order to make reasonable suggestions.
create a dedicated print layout(s), and remove redundancies
I have a few questions.
1. Could you post a screen shot of your layout?
2. What version of FileMaker are you using?
3. What version was the file created with?
4. Can you reproduce in new files?
5. How large (MB) is the PDF that's created?
6. What Compatibility setting is being used within the "PDF Options" dialog box?
2. File is being currently used in FileMaker 12. File is hosted on FileMaker Server 12 via Citrix.
3. I got .fp7(From FileMaker 11) converted into .fmp12 file from the client. I have asked the client for more insight on the version of FileMaker being used while creation of the file. I will get back to you on this.
4. Can you please throw more light on what do you mean by this.
5. PDF file size is around 400KB.
6. Compatibility is Acrobat 7 and later.
File is being currently used in FileMaker 12. File is hosted on FileMaker Server 12 via Citrix.
There are no calculations on the invoice layout.
No graphic elements are on the layout. There is a global container field for the company logo on the layout.
Hope this will help.
Simplification always made a difference for me. Align text baselines on rows, align left edges, use same font throughout PDF if possible, avoid font attribute changes when possible.
For testing kicks, if you duplicated the layout, removed the containers, made all text the same font, size, etc, and align them carefully, does your PDF become smaller and print quickly?
You mention a global container -- did you try printing with this removed? Also, does citrix somehow effect the printing time? What happens with a standard FMP client?