AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drop-down lists not dropping down

Question asked by andreb on Dec 16, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 by DominiqueHawinkels

Running FMPA 11.0.4 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I've recently came across a strange drop-down list behavior and want to find out if anyone else has seen it or can replicate it on other versions/platforms.

In the attached file I created just to illustrate the problem, there is a conditional value list whose values are determined by the text value in a global field. The global is set by script triggers as each respective field is entered. The fields using the value list alternate with regular edit fields in the tab order:

Field A with drop-down list

Regular edit field

Field B with drop-down list

Regular edit field

The problem for me is the value list DOES NOT drop down when tabbing into the fields which have a drop-down defined. What I see is exactly the same as tabbing into a regular edit field.

So I tried getting rid of the regular edit fields (either deleting them from the layout or removing them from the tab order). Now the fields with drop-downs work as expected, i.e. they actually drop down when you tab into them.

I haven't been able to fix this other than removing the edit fields or bunching the drop-down fields together, which is not always feasible.

Can anyone shed some light on the matter? Would be nice if it was just me stuck in a rut not seeing something ridiculously obvious.

Andre

Attachments

Outcomes