8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 3:29 AM by thangam

Adjust Window Hop

LauraZ.

I guess this is only annoying me, but Adjust Window[resize to fit] hops the whole window off to the left side of the screen, if it is somewhat close to the left and does not hop if the window is hanging in the middle somewhere.

I have a few odd sized layouts mixed in, and rulers and status toolbars come and go in this solution, so I was ending lots of navigation with Adjust Window [resize to fit], but I find the hopping distracting and I don't know whether it is better to have the sizing off or look unprofessional by having the window hopping around half the time the user navigates.

Of course, I can load down the solution with window sizing wherever the user goes, but I am hoping instead that I am simply missing something.

Thanks for reading. I hope you have the solution!

LauraZ.

• 1. Re: Adjust Window Hop
          thangam

Hi LauraZ

I m just idea that issue : adjust window[Resize to fit]

Refresh window

Freexe window

move/Resize window [curren Window; Height:572;width:640;Top:$$YCnete_(Get(WindownHeight)/2);Left:$$XCenter-(Get(windowwidth)/2]

Allow User Abort[Off]

Regards

Thangam

• 2. Re: Adjust Window Hop
            LauraZ.

Hi Thangam,

Thank you for your reply to my issue. I remember seeing something like this before as well. I will work with it, and see how it goes. However, do you mean to put the Allow User Abort [Off] at the end or are you just noting that it should be used in the script?

Thanks!

Laura

• 3. Re: Adjust Window Hop
              thangam

Hi LauraZ,

Allow User Abort[Off]  Script step can you use this step Resume Script Button put the new window otherwise no use this scriptStep

Regards

Thangam.

• 4. Re: Adjust Window Hop
                LauraZ.

For anyone interested, this turned out to be an existing bug that occurs when there are two monitors with differing resolutions running at the same time. When I close out one of the windows, the hopping stops. I found a description of this here on a thread that might be or intersect with "Re: Odd Window Behavior in FileMaker 10"

While the bug is not resolved, it can be controlled in my case, since the client only has one monitor running at a time.

• 5. Re: Adjust Window Hop
                  Malcolm

For anyone interested, this turned out to be an existing bug that occurs when there are two monitors with differing resolutions running at the same time.

What OS version are you running?

Malcolm

• 6. Re: Adjust Window Hop
                    keywords

I'm glad to hear that, because I can't replicate the effect on my single monitor set up.

• 7. Re: Adjust Window Hop
                      LauraZ.

You know Malcom, I think it started happening when I upgraded to Mavericks OSX as a matter of fact, which acts differently when it comes to multiple monitors, than what I had previously -  but the thread I found about it seemed to be from way earlier, so I remain a bit mystified about the cause.

Laura

• 8. Re: Adjust Window Hop
                        thangam

Hi LauraZ

I am just idia that issue Layout themes is classic you should be select after  write below script Steps

Refresh window

Freexe window

move/Resize window [curren Window; Height:572;width:640;Top:$$YCnete_(Get(WindownHeight)/2);Left:$$XCenter-(Get(windowwidth)/2]

Allow User Abort[Off]

Regards

Thangam.