4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 8:02 AM by dvaklyes

Error - No scripts are available for the specified account

dvaklyes

Last Saturday I upgraded two of my machines to FileMaker 13 Server. These upgrades went without apparent problems, and folks are accessing files on both servers as they have been doing for the past several years.

On one of the computers, a scheduled FileMaker Script which has been running nightly for years now gives an "Aborted unexpectedly" error, and will not run from the console, either. When I try to edit the script, it gives me the error "no scripts are available for the specified account". I get the same error if I try to create a new scheduled FileMaker Script in any of the databases on the server.

On the other server, all the scheduled scripts run fine, and I can edit or create scripts.

Both computers are Mac minis running OS Server 10.8.5. One is an older Macmini4,1 (2.66 GHz Core2Duo w/ 8GB), which is the one I'm having a problem with, the other is a new Macmini6.2 (2.3 GHz Quad-core i7 w/ 16 GB).

All previous mentions of this error predate FileMaker 13, and were related to Java problems with the Admin console. Java is up-to-date on both computers, and it shouldn't matter anyway with 13.

And yes, the account I'm using does have access to all the scripts on all the databases on the server.

Anybody have a clue as to what the problem might be?

Dave

• 1. Re: Error - No scripts are available for the specified account
          jsorge

I've run into this before (and am actually being bit by it now), and my only solution has been to download the file, delete it from the server and re-upload. Far from ideal. If there's an actual solution I'd love to hear it.

• 2. Re: Error - No scripts are available for the specified account
            EMSSOLN

I too just got bit by this at a customer as well with a relatively new file running fro a few days the when I went to add another script schedule none were to be found as above.  downloading, removing and reposting did nothing.  This is really devastating.

Alan

• 3. Re: Error - No scripts are available for the specified account
              ryantittle

Seen this before on a Mac mini. With 12 but never on 13. Also would notice, when looking at the Scheduled Scripts, that the next time shown for a script to run was in the past. Like the admin console/something in the server got stuck. Never tried deleting then re-uploading the file, but a restart of the Mac mini (which hadn't been done/seemed necessary in quite a long time) did the trick. Never figured out the underlying cause, though I always expected it was Java related. Like you said, that shouldn't matter with 13, but perhaps a restart of your machine would be worth a try. I always hate to say "Did you try re-booting it?" but in this case it was the only solution that worked for me.

• 4. Re: Error - No scripts are available for the specified account
                dvaklyes

OK, I fixed the problem, but didn't find the cause.

I was trying to get plugins to activate (another server problem) on my other server, and after I put the plugins (all 3960Works plugins freshly downloaded) in the correct folders, the scripts broke on that server broke with the same symptoms.

So I removed the plugins from both servers, and the script engine is back to working just fine.

So scripts are working, but no server plugins. That will have to be fixed, but for now I can live with this.