6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 2:01 PM by nickchapin

How many layers of containment can you do?

merlyn383

So portals, tab objects, slide controls and popovers now contain the items in them (allowing you to move a portal and having all of the objects enclosed move with the portal). But is there a limit to the levels of containment.

For example, a popover can contain a slide control. But I can not get a slide control inside a popover inside of a portal.

• If I create a portal and then create a popover with a slide control inside it outside of the portal, I can not move the popover to be inside of the portal, only hovering over top of.
      • If I create a portal and then create a popover inside of the portal, I can not then add a slide control inside of the popover. It gets created behind the popover and outside of the portal.

I think that this has to do with the fact that you cannot put tab panels or slide controls inside of portals. Apparently a slide control inside of a popover inside of a portal is still bound by the rules governing the outermost layer (the portal).

Has anyone else run across something like this? Can someone from FMI confirm my diagnosis?

Finally, anyone found a workaround yet?