0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 1:14 PM by Oliver_Reid

WD - and browser page refresh observations

Oliver_Reid

I have been working on considerations for embedding WD sessions in existing web sites

Following is for Safari on Mac

Good

1 Closing a window ends a WD connection

2 If the WD session is running in an Iframe, switching to another web page in the same window by using a link on the page outside the Iframe ends a connection

3 Selecting another page using the History menu maintains the session and you can return to it using the back button, or re;lading the WD page

Not as helpful

4 Switching to to another page by inserting a url in the address bar, or clicking on the bookmarks bar, does not end the session: However if you return to the WD page using the back button, or resloding the WD page, a new connection is created and the count goes up one.

5 Reloading a live WD page creates a new connection, bumping up the count by 1.

(SO if using WD in a I-frame, the page should not contain other objects that cause a page refresh when clicked on.)

I am curious as to whether there are reasons for these various behaviors, or whether this is "just the way it turned out"