2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2013 6:59 AM by ibrahim_bittar

Error occurred while deleting backup folder

ibrahim_bittar

I'm getting this error, regardless of platform:

FileMaker Server 13.0v1 on Servidor Eikonsys reported the following event:

2013-12-20 19:00:26.623 -0600 Error 685 Servidor Eikonsys Error occurred while deleting backup folder "filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups/CrashPlan/CrashPlan_2013-12-20_1800/", some files or folders could not be deleted. (20402)

FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email. Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Best regards

Ibrahim

• 1. Re: Error occurred while deleting backup folder
          ch0c0halic

Manually delete the folder. The problem appears to be that the OS has done something to make the folder ‘edited’, such as indexing files, and now FMP cannot delete it. I could be wrong but once you delete it the problem should go away.

Also, if its happening on other backups I’d make sure file indexing and virus scanning are turned off or at least set to ignore the FMS folders.

If this is your crash plan folder system could be crash plan is editing the files/folders and causing this problem.

• 2. Re: Error occurred while deleting backup folder
            ibrahim_bittar

Hi Jimmy

Thank you for your response. It's possible that I've set the CrashPlan backup frequency too short and this makes FileMaker Server to be unable to delete the folder because CrashPlan has taken control of the folder in order to upload it.

Merry Crhistmas, hope to see you next year