4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 4:19 PM by Tom_Droz

PHP create record

Tom_Droz

Hi all

I use dreamweaver with FM plug in. I have used this exact script before with no problems. I am now trying it on a differnt database all FM12. The PHP script correctly creates a new record. However when I look for the record it doesnt show. If I close the database and reopen it it is there. Why is the record not committing? Any ideas.

thanks

Tom

Script:

<?php require_once('Connections/Faith.php'); ?>
      <?php
      $FormAction_add = $Faith->newAddCommand('Temp_Web_Showings');
      $FormAction_fields = array
      ('Buyer_Interest'=>$_REQUEST['Buyer_Interest'],
      'Property_Show'=>$_REQUEST['Property_Show'],
      'Price_Opinion'=>$_REQUEST['Price_Opinion'],
      'Optimum_Price'=>$_REQUEST['Optimum_Price'],
      'Purchase_Decision'=>$_REQUEST['Purchase_Decision'],
      'Comments'=>$_REQUEST['Comments'],
      'ID'=>$_REQUEST['ID'] );

foreach($FormAction_fields as $key=>$value) {
      $FormAction_add->setField($key,$value);
      }
      $FormAction_add->SetScript('Temp_Show','');

$FormAction_result = $FormAction_add->execute();

if(FileMaker::isError($FormAction_result)) fmsTrapError($FormAction_result,"error.php");

$FormAction_row = current($FormAction_result->getRecords());
      // FMStudio v1.0 - do not remove comment, needed for DreamWeaver support ?>

• 1. Re: PHP create record
          LyndsayHowarth

Couple of thoughts:

require_once('filemaker.php'); /// is no where to be found... Perhaps the Faith.php document calls it.

What does the script "Temp_Show" do?

I assume $Faith is defined in the Faith.php documet too...?

Generally there is a delay between execute() and the result showing in the database.

- Lyndsay

• 2. Re: PHP create record
            Tom_Droz

Hi Lynday

Thank you for giving this some thought.  The required once, as you suggest is all covered in the Faith.php.  I have used that exact configuration many times with out ever a hitch.

The script mention right now does nothing it is just a place holder for sending an email notification once the record is created.

As I mention, when i run this script from the website then go to the database, no record shows.  I waited 10 + minutes (In the past it is instantaneous on other databases).

If I log out of the file and log back in, even if I wait only a moment, the record then shows.  If I run the script from the web page multiple times, no records show until I sign out then back in.

The first step calls for a new record.  It would seem that record is instanly committed even if there is no field data.  Why it dosent show without a log out/log in, is a puzzle!

Tom

• 3. Re: PHP create record
              LyndsayHowarth

What about this bit:

if(FileMaker::isError($FormAction_result)) fmsTrapError($FormAction_result,"error.php");

I'm not familiar with that syntax...

It is not opened with { nor closed with } like this:

if(FileMaker::isError($FormAction_result)){ fmsTrapError($FormAction_result,"error.php"); }

Have you tried hiding the script? Perhaps being empty it is not sure what to do so you might have some sort of time-out.

When I want to force the data to show in FMP, I change layouts then go back or click previous record... never more than that...

I am assuming your form only has one value for each $_REQUEST()...? So I am therefore wondering why the foreach was necessary...?

When you look at the record created, are all the form values entered?

- Lyndsay

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: PHP create record
                Tom_Droz

Thanks again Lyndsay

I removed the run script step and things worked, so the problem is resolved

thanks

Tom