2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 10:43 AM by steveromig

FMS 13 and FM Go 12 Connections

DavidJondreau

Last month, Steve Romig said that FM Go 12 connections did not count to the FMS 13 "connection limit".

Last week, I actually installed FMS 13 and tested it out, finding that wasn't true. No more than 1 FM GO 12 connection. This was an annual license FMS 13.0.1 (not dev) and I'm getting bounced when I try connecting with FM Go 12.0.8 on an iPhone and FM Go 12.0.6 on an iPad.

Can anyone else empirically confirm that FM Go 12 connections count on a 13 server? Or is my configuration wrong?

Thanks,

David

• 1. Re: FMS 13 and FM Go 12 Connections
          worldcloud

Sounds like what we saw as we where testing the FMS13

• 2. Re: FMS 13 and FM Go 12 Connections
            steveromig

DavidJondreau wrote:

Last month, Steve Romig said that FM Go 12 connections did not count to the FMS 13 "connection limit".

Last week, I actually installed FMS 13 and tested it out, finding that wasn't true. No more than 1 FM GO 12 connection. This was an annual license FMS 13.0.1 (not dev) and I'm getting bounced when I try connecting with FM Go 12.0.8 on an iPhone and FM Go 12.0.6 on an iPad.

Can anyone else empirically confirm that FM Go 12 connections count on a 13 server? Or is my configuration wrong?

Thanks,

David

Grrrrr...

Upon further review / testing it does appear that FileMaker Go 12 AND FileMaker Go 13 BOTH count toward concurrent connections.  My apologizes for saying otherwise.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.