1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 11:12 AM by LSNOVER

License restrictions on selling web access to FM solution?

olivia

Hi all,

I've been working on a database solution for real estate transaction management for a couple of years, and I've got it to the point where I've been encouraged to create a salable product. Right now I have a database and a website on which I have some of the functionality of the database. The plan is to get the website to a point where it has most of the database functionality, then sell access to the website so that other real estate agents could use this solution to keep track of their business online via the FM solution, but without actually having to have the Filemaker database on their computer. (Also has the advantage of being accessible from anywhere, anytime)

I've never done anything like this, and I honestly have no idea what the licensing restrictions are on this kind of project. I wouldn't be giving anyone the filemaker program itself, but I'm not sure if I need a different kind of license in order to sell access to a website that gives them access to a database. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. I want to do this the right way!!

Thanks!

Olivia