AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dashboard layout shows no records on solution open (FM12)

Question asked by flybynight on Jan 2, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 by Stephen Huston

I have a Dashboard layout to show current jobs, broken up as a portal for each press.

Here is a shot of the TOG. The layout is based on the left-hand TO "Dashboard" and there are 7 portals, each based on the 3rd column of TOs (ignore the top one, that was a show-all for testing).

Screen shot 2014-01-02 at 4.12.47 PM.png

The Dashboard table has 1 record, with mostly global fields. The first relationship from Dashboard is to an auto-enter calc number field that updates to 1 based on the status field choices that I want to show up. The next hop is the actual Jobs I want to show in the portals (Jobs is a child of JobTickets, each JobTicket can have several Jobs). After that (not shown), it goes back up to the JobTicket level, to be able to sort based on the JobTicket DueDate, and also show some info from that table, then it goes up one more level to the Contact table to show the company.

Anyway… this works great… most of the time.

Over the last couple of weeks, however, I'm noticing that when I first open the solution and navigate to my Schedule layout, then to the Dashboard layout, all of the portals are shown as empty.

After working in the database for a while, I can go back and see the Dashboard portals populated as expected. I have no idea what makes the difference for when it decides to show records. I'm never modifying anything in the Dashboard table. If it just never worked, that would be one thing… but I don't get why it starts out not working, then all of a sudden works.

I've tried some tinkering, adding cartesian joins to the relationships, and that didn't seem to fix anything. I've tried doing a manual refresh, and that does nothing.

If anyone has any ideas as to why this would be, or what I need to do to kick it into gear, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Shawn

Outcomes