3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2014 12:35 PM by user28097

Sub Total in Receipts

fmk4

Hi,

I have a POS system that needs to print out Receipts for items purchased.

Sometimes, customer will purchase more items that one receipt can print (receipt size set to 150mm). Therefore 2 or more receipts will be printed

I can get a sub summary showing the grand total at the end of the 3rd receipts (if receipts are 3 page long), but I am not able to show the sub total for that receipt only (ie page 1 sub total on receipt 1, page 2 sub total on receipt 2, etc...)

How can I do this?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Sub Total in Receipts
          PSI

a trailing grand summary will print on the final page...

John

• 2. Re: Sub Total in Receipts
            BruceHerbach

If the report combines three receipts and you want a subtotal at the end of each receipt, create a Subsummary section when sorted by receipt number.

If you want a total for the page,  add a footer and put the summary field in the footer.  It should show the sum for the page.... I think,  have to test this.

HTH

• 3. Re: Sub Total in Receipts
              user28097

Haven't tried this, but if you know the number of items that will fit on a page, you could create a calculated field in the details (example assumes lines per page = 15) :

pageno = truncate ( get ( recordnumber ) / 15 )

The create a summary field to total line item value when sorted by pageno and restart for each group