2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 2:23 PM by martinc

upgraded to fms13 from 12 and containers lost links to images

martinc

We just updated our fms to 13 from 12. We had some images stored on the server...after the update we gets something like <Missing.XYZ.jpg> in the container. The folder and photos are still on the server. GetAsText for the container produces this:

remote:XYZ.jpg

size:675,683

JPEG:Employees/EEphotos/XYZ.jpg

Some sort of permission issue? We are runing fmp12 on virtual XP machines. An update to win7 in pending so we can load fmp13.

Thanks

• 1. Re: upgraded to fms13 from 12 and containers lost links to images
          mikebeargie

Sounds like your path got messed up during the migration.

three options:

1) place the images in the location where filemaker thinks they should be.

2) Loop a script that processes and inserts the images back in to the containers based on the data you scraped out.

3) Go back to a working copy of the file, store the container data internally, move the file, then change it back to external storage so it can re-process.

That path looks relative to the database, so it might be looking for data inside a filemaker 13 folder that doesn't exist. I would place an image in a container on a blank record, then search the machine for that image to see where it turns up.

• 2. Re: upgraded to fms13 from 12 and containers lost links to images
            martinc

Thank you!

This took care of it:

That path looks relative to the database, so it might be looking for data inside a filemaker 13 folder that doesn't exist. I would place an image in a container on a blank record, then search the machine for that image to see where it turns up.

I simply copied the pics to the folder that the new pic wound up in.  In the install, I or FMS created an extra layer in the file structure.  I'll use the same process for others.