Troi Automatisering releases Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 for FileMaker Pro 13
Updated Activator Plug-in adds compatibility with FileMaker Pro 13 and runs in 64-bit on Mac and Windows.
January 13th, 2014, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 for FileMaker Pro 13.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across the network, even over the Internet. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
- trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
- run a script and send data to a different FileMaker application, all in the background
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same computer:
- run a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a script on a specified date and time
- schedule events which trigger any script you want
- trigger a script after exiting a field
- validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific validation needs
What is new?
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 is compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 13. It also adds the following features:
- (Windows) Added support for 64-bit architecture: on Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_Activator.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Activator.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
NOTE Only Filemaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect are 64-bit processes and require the Troi_Activator.fmx64 version to be installed. On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in.
NOTE 2 Running on FileMaker Server 13 and WebDirect Troi Activator can only send messages, not receive them.
- Improved the example file Remote: it now has far better support for running under FileMaker Server, with a built in log table, where FileMaker Server can log the execution of trigger scripts.
- (Mac OS X) fixed a problem with the Upload Server: the webpage request with URL "/" now properly redirects to "index.html".
- Improved the Actr_SendRemoteEvent functionality: the usertext parameter is no longer truncated when a pipe character is present; for this last parameter the pipe character is no longer treated as a separator.
- Improved the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file, adding support for installing plug-ins on FileMaker Server and for installing 64-bit Windows plug-ins, with extension fmx64.
- Improved the code in several places.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/activatorplugin.html>.
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher and Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 also works with FileMaker Server 10, 11, 12 or 13 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 299.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
The 3.5.2 version works with the 3.5 version of the registration. If you bought a license for a pre-3.5 version on or after March 1st, 2012 the upgrade is FREE! Eligible users have been sent a new registration string in March 2013.
If you bought a license before March 1st, 2012 you will need to buy an upgrade to use the 3.5.2 version. Upgrades are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About QuickTrans for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
QuickTrans is our iOS app designed to make sending images a snap. After you configure the app once, you can take one or more photos and upload them without any extra steps. QuickTrans is designed to work in tandem with Troi Activator Plug-in 3.x. More information can be found here: <http://www.troi.com/quicktrans.html>.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: