AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting access privileges error connecting from local to remote db

Question asked by vidkid98 on Jan 13, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 by vidkid98

I am attempting create a connection between a local and remote database. I have created the target (remote) database and tested it pretty well; logging into it while it is local works as expected. When I move this database to a hosted environment and then connect to it via FMPA or even via webDirect, all is well. No problems accessing the various scripts which write to tables etc under prescribed conditions.

Next I took a copy of the database and changed all of the table occurences to point to the remote database's tables instead of the local tables. I then deleted the local tables. Again, when this file is accessed, I can do all of the functions I expect when I was accessing the same data through the remote file; except when it comes to writing to an existing record or creating a new record--in these instances regardless of what privilege set I use, even [full access], I get the same error.

I have confirmed that the remote file permits access to itself via FMP and webDirect. I have not enabled "require full access privileges to access this file" on the hosted database; I have confirmed that I am in the [full access] priv set prior to attempting to perform a script that will write to the remote database (used Data Viewer and get(activeprivilegeset)). I have run out of ideas on why I cannot write to the hosted database from the local file via the external file links.

Any suggestions or where I should look?

Thanks,

Bruce

Outcomes