4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2014 2:51 AM by erolst

Search for Matching Kps

tm9

Hi,

I have created a List of Kps for numerous person records using the List Calculation and assigned it to a global variable $$List.

How to I perform a find for a different layout using a script to retrieve these records using this list?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Search for Matching Kps
          erolst

You can either process the list into multiple find requests, one for each value, like described here …

https://fmdev.filemaker.com/message/135245#135245

… or create a self-join relationship from some TO that matches a global (text) field to the primary key in your persons table, write the $$ into that field and use Go to Related Record.

tm9 wrote:

I have created a List of Kps for numerous person records using the List Calculation and assigned it to a global variable $$List.

How to I perform a find for a different layout using a script to retrieve these records using this list?

This is supposed to mean: “on a different layout”?

EDIT: Not necessarily a self-join

• 2. Re: Search for Matching Kps
            tm9

Well I tried to do the Self-Join Table but it still isn't working.  I put the global tex field in the Person table and made a relationship from the global kp to a person kp.

Isn't the global kp text field required to have only one kp in it for this to work?  Currently the global kp would be 128  140  141  132 and so on for each record from the list calculation.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Search for Matching Kps
              tm9

Hmm... Well I made it work! I had the global field on the wrong side of the self-join. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Search for Matching Kps
                erolst

Glad to see you got it working.

tm9 wrote:

Isn't the global kp text field required to have only one kp in it for this to work?

Read up on “multi-line keys”.