2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 5:16 AM by ogodt

Update ODBC from fm GO

ogodt

Hi all,

We have started a new database by importing a sql (odbc) query, this works perfectly and we have made a script called "import records" again with the ODBC SQL query and that works perfect on our Filemaker pro 13 advanced,

but when we try to update the file from FM GO, nothing happens ?

I can see that ODBC is not fully supported on FM GO but we have to use "refresh window" but how ??

I have read pages up and down and can't find a solution, i hope there is someone how can help us.

if it can help that i post the query i can do that, i hope i am in the right forum.

Ole

• 1. Re: Update ODBC from fm GO
          medioag

Hi Ole

you need to setup a odbc connector, but there is no way on IOS to do that.

the only way is setup a odbc connector on the server.

You must connect with FMGo to the database locatet on the FMServer and do the script again.

The SQL query will be done from the FMServer to the SQL Server, not from FMGo. FMGo is only frontend.

Is the database localy on the IOS device, there is no way to do a ODBC SQL query..

Rico

• 2. Re: Update ODBC from fm GO
            ogodt

Hi Rico,

Thanks for your participation

We have The FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced acting as "sever", the database is located there and using odbc to connect to our naitve database tru ODBC "user DSN" setup

I can see in the Help topic that "Refresh window" should could do it:

Options

Select Flush cached join results to delete the results of queries for related records and cause related records to be refreshed. Do not select this option if you know your script does not affect related data, and if you want to minimize the performance impact of re-accessing related data (particularly when sharing a database over a network).

Select Flush cached external data to delete the results of queries for related ODBC data source records and cause related ODBC records to be refreshed. FileMaker Pro dumps the internal cache and refreshes record data. Do not select this option if you know your script does not access ODBC data.

Does that give you any more insight to my problem or maybe to a solution.

\Ole