3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 8:57 PM by keywords

Can no longer scroll to bottom of layout

Aigaion

I have a FM12 file running on a client hosted Windows Filemaker 12 server for access over a LAN. A couple of the layouts are rather long and users would scroll down as needed to fill in the data. Now, after working with no problem for over a year and no changes being made to either layouts or scripts, these more lenthly layouts will no longer scroll more than a few lines past the top area initially shown in the window.

I created a new layout on which I put all the elements of one of the problem layouts and it also had the same issue - at least when accessing the file via Windows RDC.

Any ideas on why this has change in behavior may have occured and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Mike Ainsworth

• 1. Re: Can no longer scroll to bottom of layout
          alquimby

Michael,

Can you supply a clone of the file so we can look at it?

Al Quimby

• 2. Re: Can no longer scroll to bottom of layout
            Aigaion

Al,

Thanks for your reply.  Part of my confusion comes from the fact that this behavior does not occur when the file is accessed locally.  It only happens when the file is accessed from the server - so sharing a clone of the file probably will not give you any insight.  However, I do appreciate your willingness to help.

BTW, fixed the problem for the user by redesigning the layout so scrolling was not needed.  That is to say, I took half of the fields that appeared on the layout that needed to scroll and moved them to a second layout.  That was probably a better way to do it in the first place.

Best,

Mike

• 3. Re: Can no longer scroll to bottom of layout
              keywords

fixed the problem for the user by redesigning the layout so scrolling was not needed.  That is to say, I took half of the fields that appeared on the layout that needed to scroll and moved them to a second layout.

This could also have been achieved with tab panels on the same layout.