taylorsharpe

FMS 13 and Web Services

Discussion created by taylorsharpe on Jan 21, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 by sarahkmul

I have installed FMS in various versions of the years mostly on Mac OS Servers, and a few on Windows Servers (usually 2008 version).

When FMS 13 came out and you install it on a Mac, it takes over the web services completely. Unlike before, you cannot run any other web services. Now this is in a single machine installation and I've done this on Mac OS X Server 10.8 and 10.9. Before FMS 13, IWP worked just fine inconjunction with other web services on the Mac server.

I was curious if you go to a 2 machine setup, are you able to run other web services (e.g., other web pages, virtual domains, etc.) on either the Apache machine or the FMS machine? I haven't done a 2 machine setup and was curious.

This also makes me curious about 360 Works Web Services Manager. Does it work with FMS 13 and support SOAP calls, etc.? I was looking into doing this for a company that has a sign that wants to read an RSS feed and looking for ways to publish this. Previously I had published it to a web page as xml until I installed FMS 13 and it stopped all of the other web services other than WebDirect.

Thanks for any input.

Outcomes