3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 11:08 AM by jlamprecht

Popup Calendar Lockup on iPad

DDoughtie

This is vague but just wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue or something similar. Warning.... I can't reproduce it or even get an accurate description of what they are seeing (everything is a "crash" to the users. I thought if someone had seen something that sounds like this I can find somewhere to look. Several users on Go 13 using iOS7 say they are getting a lockup of sorts when they click on a calendar popup. When they click on the date field the Calendar Wheel popups up, and pretty much stays open. They claim they never had this issue with Go 12 / iOS 6. (unfortunately most were migrated to 13 and 7 in pretty rapid order so I can't determine if the issue might be iOS or Go 13).

There is a script trigger attached to the popup but all it does is verify a status field on the record (basically halts the script if the status is marked "done." I have verified that they were not marked "Done."). I'm looking around the layout to see if there are any other script triggers or buttons on other objects that they just happen to hit and created a loop but haven't found any. Unfortunately its not my solution and I'm having to pick it apart to see how all of it works. I'm asking them to let me know which iPad version they are using. Maybe it's a hardware thing.

So I know it's vague but just thought if someone has seen something similar I'd have a jumping off point.

Dan Doughtie

• 1. Re: Popup Calendar Lockup on iPad
          jlamprecht

I tried to reproduce the issue in a simple file with a date field and no script triggers. I was not able to reproduce the issue. Is it possible the users are expecting different behavior? For example, the user might expect if they double tap a date in the picker, the picker will disappear. This is not the case from what I have seen. You have to select the date and then select outside the picker.

Can you post the contents of that script mentioned, so I can see what it is doing? Besides the explanation I made above or the script, nothing comes to mind of what could be causing this issue.

-JohnAustin

• 2. Re: Popup Calendar Lockup on iPad
            DDoughtie

John Austin:

I don't  think this can be reproduced with a simple file. If it were simply a problem with the popup the forum would be filled with irate users. In this solution I'm troubleshooting there are about 25 users and not all are having the issue but when 2-3 users start seeing it after the Go 13 upgrade I can't ignore it (their job performance is tied to the files being updated and reported).  I don't think this is a simple bug within Filemaker. There are so many variables that could be involved. I'm not trying to have someone reproduce it but just if they have actually experienced it in their solutions. I doubt the script is at fault because none of the records had the status that the script looks for (and when you do set the status it functions as expected, the record reverts and the popup goes away).

The script is "

if [log:Status ="Done"]

revert record/request[no dialog]

Show custom Dialog ["Stop";"This Form is marked Done adn therefore can not be changed."]

Halt Script

End If

Thanks for taking a look.

Dan

• 3. Re: Popup Calendar Lockup on iPad
              jlamprecht

Very true. This would have been a big topic if so. The one thing about the script is that a Revert Record/Request does not close the calendar wheel to disappear. Rather, it comes back. This is at least the functionality with the dialog. Let me see with the no Dialog and if it occurs.

Edit: It seems with no dialog it does not do so. I do not know where this stems from. I will investigate and see if I can find anything for you.